The prime responsibility of the Lead Business Intelligence Engineer is to provide full technical support for our Manufacturing Data Systems (MDS) . Ensuring they meet the our requirements and those of our customers.
They shall undertake troubleshooting , planned maintenance and continuous improvement activities of the LBIE and any other industrial communications / IT systems.
They shall act as the primary contact person for MDS activities whether internal (IT & production) or external (Mattec & QC-Calc) and will co-ordinate any database activities carried out by external suppliers and contractors.
- Ownership of the Mattec system
- Creation of data resource dashboard
- Data architect for all operations based network and data paths.
- Engineering point of contact for any MDS related technical issues
- Front end data analysis portals
- Resolve data transfer issues and perform fault diagnosis of data capture software systems (Mattec & QC-Calc)
- System hardware fault diagnosis
- Liaise/facilitate Mattec Engineering support (service contract)
- Liase with OM ICT for any IT related issues (network infrastructure, servers)
- Provide housekeeping on SQL Server Database (data correction and resend)
- Configuration of Mattec/QC-Calc systems to suit tool moves/additions, component dimension changes, up-versions etc.
- Develop a Ci program to centralise all MDS
- To write additional queries to summarise captured data and improve data availability and it’s quality for others to use.
- Ensure change control / validation procedures are adhered to for any changes related to MDS
- Oversee and undertake training and development of shift maintenance engineers to achieve agreed personal objectives.
- To comply diligently with all administrative and procedural requirements of the role, ensuring full compliance with all regulatory guide lines and company Standard Operations Procedures (SOP’s) at all times.
- To provide an out-of-hours contact when to cover emergency requirements.
- When required to participate in plant shutdowns for maintenance and to assist with shutdown works. This work usually occurs during the Christmas New Year period but can occur at other times
- Ensuring maintenance housekeeping and cleanliness standards are met at all times
- To ensure Health and Safety Policies and Environmental Policies are being adhered to at all times
- Conduct themselves at all times in a professional and courteous manner, and maintain a good appearance acceptable to our customers and management
Knowledge and Expertise
- Broad Supply Chain experience either directly or indirectly – Customer Service, Production Planning and Logistics.
- Use of MRP system.
- Minimum of intermediate knowledge of Excel.
- Experience within a regulated environment preferred.
- Sound understanding of how manufacturing operations are organised and knowledge of the key interfaces.
- Excellent planning & organisational skills