Please do not apply if you have not used the NetSuite ERP system.
An exciting multinational sustainable technology company are currently recruiting for a Part Qualified Accountant. The successful candidate would be responsible for supporting the day to day running of the accounts team, including daily transactions processing, credit control, month-end close as well as the accurate and timely provision of information to the wider business. The successful candidate will need to hit the ground running and work in a dynamic and growing business ensuring all business processes are followed and improved on a continuous basis.
You will be an important part of a small hardworking and close-knit team that have a hands-on approach and are passionate about taking the businesses to the next level.
- ESSENTIAL: Experience of NetSuite one world ERP system.
- Admin/Setup: New customer/supplier and fixed asset setup.
- Sales ledger: Customer billing, credit notes/RMAs, resolving customer queries and account reconciliations.
- Credit control: proactive in managing and collecting outstanding debtors, new customer credit checks, credit limit issuance and control.
- Purchase ledger: Supplier invoice processing, statement reconciliations, resolving supplier queries, staff expense processing and corporate credit card processing.
- Banking: Customer and other bank (incl. paypal) receipts recording, and supplier payment run processing.
- Month end: Stock reconciliation, month end accruals, payroll recording, intercompany cross charges, month end routines for prepayments, depreciation, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Reporting: Margin report reconciliation and publication, VAT returns filing, and adhoc reports provision.
- Year end: Prepare the year end audit pack and support resolution of year end queries/information requests from the external accountants.
- Undertake any other adhoc projects required.
- Skills needed:
- Actively studying for either ACCA or CIMA (or fully qualified AAT).
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting processes and VAT.
- Experience of working in a similar role for a business selling goods (preferably IT equipment).
- A strong understanding of the operations involved in receiving and selling of goods, including serialised and non-serialised inventory in a group business context.
- Ability to hit the ground running with a problem solving attitude
- Result driven and laser focussed on deadline delivery.
- Outstanding attention to detail with an ability to reconcile complex accounts.
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with external customer and internal colleagues.
- Strong excel skills (v-lookups/sumifs/pivots and basic macros)
- Private H/C
- Life insurance/ Critical illness insurance
- Performance bonus